Cerambycoidea Forum
Cerambycoidea Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Cerambycidae Cerambycinae
 Clytini
 China, Guangxi: Demonax leucoscutellatus

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Insert an Image File

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Vitali Posted - 08/12/2013 : 21:22:36

126.89 KB

Seems to be Demonax leucoscutellatus (Hope, 1831) distributed in Taiwan. Was indicated as a new species for China in "Iconography...", but the name was given with a mistake as "leucostellatus".
This particular beetle comes from Guangxi province.
4   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Vitali Posted - 09/12/2013 : 19:59:33
Xavier, the species in your reference here looks identical to my beetle. I can also clearly see the spikes in the third and fourth antennomere in that beetle (have a look at the right antennae in the right photo). This is also exactly the case with my beetle. The spines in the third and fourth antennomeres in my beetle are very distinct. I tried to make a photo, but the resolution of my camera is insufficient. I can later do this with a microscope, if necessary. I suggest C. castaneorufus to be a synonym of D. leocoscutellatus.
Xavier Posted - 09/12/2013 : 17:45:09
An interesting picture to see, here : http://www.cerambycoidea.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=16056

Lang Song (or Lang Son) is in north Vietnam, close to the border of China ( Guangxi)

I can't see if it's the same species (2nd white band looks different), but I can't see on your picture spines on antenna. So, is your specimen really a Demonax ? (same question for the type !! )
Vitali Posted - 08/12/2013 : 22:18:20
Yes, indeed. Thank you. My misprint because of the previous posting.
Francesco Posted - 08/12/2013 : 21:52:44
I do not know if this species is really present in Taiwan, being originally described from Nepal.
The description of the dark form that Gahan gave in his book (1906: p. 286-7) fits enough.

Cerambycoidea Forum © 2000-08 Snitz Communications Go To Top Of Page