Cerambycoidea Forum
Cerambycoidea Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Cerambycidae Cerambycinae
 Trachyderini
 Mexico, Ischnocnemis: costipennis ♀

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Insert an Image File

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Pierre Posted - 14/03/2010 : 20:22:30

Ischnocnemis luteicollis?
I also found the Elytroleptus luteicollis.
Mexico, 18 mm.
10   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Jesus Juan Posted - 11/04/2010 : 01:28:58
Sorry for late reply.
I am just an amateur beetle lover, I am not able to identified most of the Mexican cerambycidae. Best regards
Francesco Posted - 22/03/2010 : 20:44:50
Welcome Jesus in the Forum!
Could you check other Mexican Trachyderini?
Pierre Posted - 22/03/2010 : 18:31:08
So this is a pair of I. costipennis? The colour variations of this species is really astonishing...
Thank you, Jesus, yes these two are yours!
Jesus Juan Posted - 22/03/2010 : 05:33:46
Dear Pierre,
If these beetles are those I send to you lately, they are male and female of the same species, I didn't write that in the data, sorry.
Best regards
Pierre Posted - 19/03/2010 : 10:37:14

lateral view.
It seems to me that there are no important differences concerning the shape of the pronotum.
Pierre Posted - 19/03/2010 : 10:34:05

The form of the pronotum could be different. Largest part (left specimen) next to the base but (right specimen) in the middle. But both have the same puncturing and the same small brillant knob in the middle.
Pierre Posted - 19/03/2010 : 10:29:35

put side by side, they look like this.
The orange specimen seems to show weaker costae on the elytrae (but the different coloration can may the sculpturing of the striate specimen appear stronger).
The pucturing of both is the same.
Francesco Posted - 18/03/2010 : 20:26:35
Well. The description of luteicollis is on the Biologia Centrali Americana (p. 329), where the author noticed that this species has the same pattern of the female of Sphaenothecus (today Ischnochnemis as well) costipennis.
Actually, it seems that these two species belonged to different genera, according to the shape of the mesosternum, elevated luteicollis, simple in costipennis.
Moreover, it seems to me that the costae of costipennis are less elevated than those of luteicollis.
Could you check these characters?
Pierre Posted - 18/03/2010 : 18:08:50
The reason why I showed you this beetle was exactly the fact that the costae on the elytra are much less developed than on the specimen shown on the catalog; on the other hand the general coloration fits quite well. Yes, the photo makes the elytra smoother than they are; nevertheless only the third and seventh stripe are somewhat elevated, the rest is finely punctate, smooth and with a fairly good brilliance.
I don't have other specimen and can not compare. Could this be an individual form?
And, concerning the name Elytroleptus (which is very obviously a totally different species): I have the 1995-edition of Monné & Giesbert's checklist. They don't list any luteicollis under the genus Ischnocnemis; only for Elytroleptus...
Francesco Posted - 18/03/2010 : 13:59:13
Ischnocnemis luteicollis (Bates, 1885) and Elytroleptus luteicollis Skiles & Chemsak 1982 are two valid species belonging to different genera.
This specimen has the same pattern of the former one, even if it seems to me that it also has smooth (rather than grooved) elytra. Could this fact belong on the picture? Otherwise this species is a false fried...

Cerambycoidea Forum © 2000-08 Snitz Communications Go To Top Of Page