Cerambycoidea Forum
Cerambycoidea Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Cerambycidae Cerambycinae
 Xystrocerini
 Borneo: Noserius tibialis

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Insert an Image File

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Vitali Posted - 05/04/2015 : 17:53:49

361.06 KB

Borneo, Sabah.

Seemed to be a couple, but pronotum looks very different.
20 / 17 mm.
2   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Vitali Posted - 05/04/2015 : 19:58:26
Yes, very interesting indeed. The coloration of body and legs, ridges in elytra are similar, antennae are somewhat lighter in a male, but pronotum and side tubercles have very different shape. It looks like these features are variable. I have one more male with pronotum wider than in one in the photo, and a female with a narrower pronotum. Extreme forms happened unintentionally to this photo.

Noserius tibialis Pascoe, 1857. According to the Catalogue of Cerambycidae from Borneo, spread in Borneo, Sumatra, Java, SE Asia.
dryobius Posted - 05/04/2015 : 18:55:07
Yes. It is interesting. I have a pair also where there pronotums of the male and female are different, but not quite as distinct as your. I think they are the same species. I know of no other species in Sabah that it can be easily confused with. As you can see, every other feature of this pair is similar, aside for the length of the antennae. Noserius tibialis. Occurs in Borneo and Sumatra, perhaps more regions.

Cerambycoidea Forum © 2000-08 Snitz Communications Go To Top Of Page