Cerambycoidea Forum
Cerambycoidea Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Cerambycidae Cerambycinae
 Phoracanthini
 Australia, Coptocercus: pretiosus

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Insert an Image File

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Larry Bezark Posted - 13/11/2013 : 20:22:09

122.73 KB

Coptocercus from Georgetown, Queensland
2   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Larry Bezark Posted - 06/02/2018 : 02:57:53
Excellent Philippe, thank you

Larry B.
cerambyphil Posted - 05/02/2018 : 18:42:35
Hello Larry,
Using the key of Wang (1995), if the Premedial ivory fascia of elytra produces forward and backward along external margin and reachs both shoulder and apex, it must be Coptocercus pretiosus Wang, 1995.

Here is the description:
Colour. Anteclypeus, labrum, maxillary and labial palpi, antennae, basal peduncles and dorsal clavate of femora, tibia and tarsi yellowish brown or light reddish brown, remaining parts blackish brown. Elytra with a wide, raised whitish yellow ivory fascia just before middle, narrow at suture and wide at external margin, producing forward and backward along external margin and reaching both shoulder and apex; at suture the fascia covering between about basal 1/5-3111 and apical 7/15-7113; a zigzag dark band across the fascia; a large whitish yellow area on disc just before yellowish brown apical spines (Fig. 46).
Head. Distinctly narrower than prothorax; vertex and frons with dense, large and deep punctures of irregular form and fairly dense pale-golden depressed hairs; 2 slightly raised carinae between antennal tubercles, forming a longitudinal groove; distance between lower lobes of eyes much less than 2x (in all specimens examined less than 1.5~d)i stance between antennal socket and lateral angle of postclypeus, and slightly less than 2x distance between upper lobes of eyes. Antennae distinctly longer than body; segments 3-6 with strong apical spines; segment 3 slightly more than 3x length of its apical spine and distinctly longer than scape, segment 4, but just slightly longer than segment 5; scape shallowly grooved above.
Thorax and abdomen. Prothorax longer than wide. Pronotum with 7 raised and nitid nodules: 1 at centre, long-oval, and 3 on each side, anterior pair just before middle, large and round, medial pair just behind middle, slightly raised, small and of irregular form, and posterior pair at sub-base, large and round; the interspace of nodules with very sparse punctures, each producing a long pale erect hair, and with dense smooth pale-golden depressed hairs; very prominent tubercles at lateral sides. Scutellum subtriangular with fairly dense pale-golden depressed hairs on disc. Metasternum with fairly dense punctures and dense depressed hairs.
Elytra subparallel or tapering, nitid, much less than 3x length of prothorax; apex with a fairly long spine at marginal angle and a very small or vague tooth at sutural angle; basal half of disc with dense, large and deep punctures, about 114 of the punctures producing long pale erect hairs; apical half of disc with sparse, small and shallow punctures, producing sparse pale depressed hairs and sparse erect hairs. Abdomen with sparse punctures and sparse depressed hairs.

Cerambycoidea Forum © 2000-08 Snitz Communications Go To Top Of Page