Cerambycoidea Forum
Cerambycoidea Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Cerambycidae Cerambycinae
 Sestyrini
 Malaysia: Artimpaza femorata

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Insert an Image File

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Max Posted - 21/05/2013 : 21:28:17

140.66 KB

Male of Artimpaza(?) from Cameron Highlands, Tapah Hills; 11 mm
Help, please
8   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Max Posted - 10/10/2015 : 22:02:14
To show is a best The pictures were taken in haste, but they show what you need. I can't believe it's the same thing. That's why I asked about the differences between males and females have similar species Artimpaza on this sign. If such sexual dimorphism occurs, it's amazing too for me.

182.47 KB

182.84 KB
Xavier Posted - 09/10/2015 : 13:24:41
Thanks Dan. So it confirms the ID.
dryobius Posted - 09/10/2015 : 13:20:53
I have this species from West Malaysia identified by Holzschuh as A. femorata. I think that "a little" variation in the color and punctation is a normal occurence.
Xavier Posted - 09/10/2015 : 09:14:22
Hello Max,
I have numerous "black" specimens from Laos, with more or less white hairs on elytra. The problem is to understand what are A. mimetica, A patruelis, A. brevilineata, Artimpaza lineata (Pic, 1927), Artimpaza obscura Gardner, 1926...and I have not the description of Artimpaza dehra Gardner, 1939 from Nepal.

Max Posted - 08/10/2015 : 01:19:40
Thanks, Xavier!
Sad to all I have two exemplars from this source with label "Cameron Highlands, Tapah Hills".
One of them has yellowish part in the middle of the antenna and, probably, refers to A. femorata really (thanks so much). It also has a wider pronotum and antennae more short then pictured specimen.
In addition, the beetle pictured above has lateral parts of prothorax with coarse, clear and frequent points while the second beetle this place is shining, bright. Maybe it is sexual dimorphism but that some strange for me.
Have You got A. mimetica Holz.? I would like to know how about prosternal surface of this species and whether there were differences between males and females regarding this feature
Xavier Posted - 07/10/2015 : 13:42:47
The only species known from Malaysia (peninsular) is Artimpaza femorata Pascoe, 1866.
Original drawing here
Max Posted - 27/05/2013 : 20:08:56
Thanks! But I did not expect that this beetle will so baffling problem...
Beckey Posted - 27/05/2013 : 04:19:35
It is sure that this beetle belongs to the genus Artimpaza but I can't determine the name.

Cerambycoidea Forum © 2000-08 Snitz Communications Go To Top Of Page