Cerambycoidea Forum
Cerambycoidea Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Cerambycidae Lamiinae
 Lamiini
 Singapore: Orsidis singaporensis

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Insert an Image File

T O P I C    R E V I E W
loongfah Posted - 23/03/2014 : 04:10:22

429.98 KB

482.07 KB

This doesn't quite look like an Acalolepta rusticatrix?
Its length is 13 mm.
3   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Xavier Posted - 19/07/2020 : 15:33:05
Yes, it seems the good ID.
loongfah Posted - 19/07/2020 : 10:14:46
I think this specimen might be an Orsidis singaporensis Breuning,1979. It has the characters of Orsidis (cicatrix on scape not distinct, front tibiae arcuate, claw segment rather short). It also quite matches the very short description for Orsidis singaporensis given by Breuning: "close to O. proletaria, but the third segment of the antennae twice as long as the scape and lateral thorn of pronotum very short, conical and not bent. The length is 14 mm."

It does look quite similar to the O. proletaria here: http://bezbycids.com/byciddb/wdetails.asp?id=17642&w=o
loongfah Posted - 08/01/2017 : 05:54:53
I wonder from the quite transverse scutellum, tibiae with a yellowish tinge, whether this might be an Acalolepta tarsalis?

Pascoe 1866 described as such:
Pale reddish-brown, having a short close dull-greyish pubescence with numerous small brown blotches on the elytra; head and prothorax sparingly punctured, the vertex impunctate ; scutellum transverse, yellowish ; elytra towards the suture sub-seriate punctate, apices rounded; body beneath and legs with a thin greyish pile ; femora short and thickened in the middle; tibiae with a pale yellowish tinge ; tarsi ashy ; antenna: testaceous-brown, with a thin greyish pile, the scape gradually thickened upwards to within a short distance of the apex ... the coloration will probably be variable.

Cerambycoidea Forum © 2000-08 Snitz Communications Go To Top Of Page