Cerambycoidea Forum
Cerambycoidea Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Cerambycidae Lamiinae
 Lamiini
 Borneo, Agniopsis flavovittatus

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Insert an Image File

T O P I C    R E V I E W
horshehden Posted - 17/12/2015 : 02:01:12

225.61 KB

Sabah, Borneo, April 2012
?Agniopsis flavovittatus Breuning, 1936
4   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
dryobius Posted - 18/12/2015 : 20:14:51
I believe it is just a variation. The photo of the Holotype of Mimolaelida flavolineata Breuning 1947 (Stockholm), and the photo of the holotype of Agniopsis flavovittata Breuning, 1936 (BMNH) are in perfect agreement with each other. There is no reason why Breuning thought they were separate species, other than amnesia. Breuning may have described your specimen as a new species, too.
I have seen maybe 5 or 10 other specimens from Sabah. Your specimen matches in size, and has most of the markings of a typical specimen. The body shape may appear different due to outside apical vitta on the elytra which make the specimen appear more tapered.
Likewise, I don't see any problem with legs being lighter in color.
There a lot of species from Borneo (and elsewhere) that have significant variations to the pattern of the elytra.
horshehden Posted - 18/12/2015 : 04:01:02
That's why I'm not sure - my specimen has different shape of elytra (+ different markings and light tarsi, which might be a variability).
dryobius Posted - 17/12/2015 : 16:00:37
Yes, Agniopsis flavovittata. There is variation in specimens, perhaps that is why Breuning described it twice.

474.07 KB
jplami Posted - 17/12/2015 : 07:43:36
Agniopsis très probablement. Genre comprenant une seule espèce.
Agniopsis flavovittatus Breuning, 1936 présente des dessins proches, mais plus étendus sur la moitié apicale des élytres ainsi que 3 bandes visibles sur le pronotum.

Cerambycoidea Forum © 2000-08 Snitz Communications Go To Top Of Page