Cerambycoidea Forum
Cerambycoidea Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Cerambycidae Lamiinae
 Saperdini
 India: Serixia

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Insert an Image File

T O P I C    R E V I E W
sangamesh Posted - 12/12/2015 : 10:02:07

113.3 KB

6mm....Kerala...
I could reach only up to the tribe (Acanthocinini?), any help further is much appreciated...gratitude
2   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
sangamesh Posted - 13/12/2016 : 14:34:28
I compared with the description of S.nilghirica, S. vateriae, S. inconspicua and also S. andamanica but specimen does not correspond to any of these species and to compare for other species known from India, I do not have further literature...so, if any body can share a copy of Breuning 1958: revision of Serixia would be very helpful...if not whole text at least the key would be helpful for time being...

The specimens distinctive features are:
Mandibles tipped with black; Antennomeres first and second black except for reddish inner lateral side of first antennomere; third and fourth reddish yellow tipped with black; fifth onwards almost black...femora tipped black and black band slightly extend towards middle dorsally; tibiae reddish brown with tip of base and one third of apex black; tarsi black...rest all body part reddish yellow...elytral apex rounded
Xavier Posted - 12/12/2015 : 10:43:26
no, it could be a Serixia sp. or something close to.

Cerambycoidea Forum © 2000-08 Snitz Communications Go To Top Of Page