Cerambycoidea Forum
Cerambycoidea Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Cerambycidae Lamiinae
 Saperdini
 Glenea from Vietnam

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Insert an Image File

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Max Posted - 07/06/2011 : 18:39:18

Hello,
I have some unknown representatives from a genus Glenea.
It is clear, that the objective of determination of these beetles on photos is very abstruse, but, maybe suddenly appearance will seem to be knowable... (sorry for my English

Glenea sp.1
~8mm, S Vietnam, Bin` Fyok prov.
9   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Max Posted - 03/07/2015 : 21:23:31
Thank You Gerard! Sorry, I didn't notice your message earlier. I was leaning towards G.diverselineata birmanica Breuning,1956 because I can operate only the available image of types.:)
First species is G. mathematica, I think.
Gerard Posted - 01/02/2015 : 22:47:42
Hello max the third species is Glenea dalatensis Pic, 1943
Max Posted - 09/06/2011 : 11:35:48
Many thanks for this job for me, really!
Andaman islands & Laos - subspecies, heh! %-) About 3 sp.
I really thought it was another species, but you're right, it seems.
Francesco Posted - 09/06/2011 : 08:32:52
Well. Though the aspect is very similar to G. atricornis Pic, 1943 from Vietnam, with the keys I reach G. saperdoides from Malaysia. This why the two pronotal bands (of five) of your specimen are "on the disc" and not "at the sides of the disc".
It might be this species (though undetermined).
Nonetheless, there is a G. saperdoides vientianensis Pic, 1926 recorded from Laos and Andaman (!). I think that this subspecies should be present in Vietnam as well.
The third specimen might be a variety (or mature form) of the second one.
Max Posted - 09/06/2011 : 00:25:02
Yes, ventral side is all covered with dense white pubescence (nacre?... No, lustreless perhaps, white as snow) with dark small elongated spot on a lateral face of everyone sternit.
Francesco Posted - 08/06/2011 : 21:48:29
I am also sure that it is not the same species: it is necessary to check all species from Vietnam (and Laos) described after 1956...
Concerning the second species, I need to know if the ventral side is covered with white nacre pubescence or not.
Max Posted - 08/06/2011 : 21:03:17

Thanks, really similar with pictured ones! Group of species is the same. But in my exemplar abdomen without of dense white pubescence, not like from Singapur`s individual, and naked episternes of metathorax (maybe, it is erased, but unlikely in my opinion). Great, anyhow!

Here one more Glenea, look, please

~10,5 mm, S Vietnam, Bin`Fyok prov.
Francesco Posted - 08/06/2011 : 18:16:04
No problem, English is a service language, we are not at Oxford! .
Concerning Glenea, the problem is the enormous number of species and that Breuning inserted all varieties in his keys...
Your former species is characterised by humeral stripe and antennae with the first two segments black and the remaining ones reddish.
The only species I have found with these characters is G. tenuilineata Thomson, 1879, from Malacca, Sumatra and Borneo, a picture of which I have found here.
Unfortunately, I do not know whether similar species from Vietnam have been described...
Max Posted - 07/06/2011 : 19:05:30

Glenea sp2:
~9 mm, C Vietnam, Lam Dong prov.

Cerambycoidea Forum © 2000-08 Snitz Communications Go To Top Of Page