Cerambycoidea Forum
Cerambycoidea Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Cerambycidae Lamiinae
 Mesosini
 Vietnam, Agelasta (Dissosira) mouhotii

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Insert an Image File

T O P I C    R E V I E W
nasa Posted - 08/05/2015 : 05:27:01

50.26 KB

captured larvae in the plant (Caulis spatholobi) from Vietnam.
Thanks!
6   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Xavier Posted - 10/05/2015 : 09:10:11
Thanks, same description than A. mouhoti. The only "difference" is genae much longer than the lower eye lobes (A.balteoides) vs genae 2 times longer than the lower eye lobes (A.mouhoti)
Xaurus Posted - 10/05/2015 : 00:29:24
I'll try my best:

1st antennal segment long and thin, the 3rd a bit longer than the 4th, genae much longer than the lower eye lobes, elytral anterior half less densely and very finely punctured.
tomentation dark brown, reddish brown to pink, a white tomentation at the basal part of the pronotum, the sides more extended, the scutellum, and the basal fifth of the elyron. Each elytra with 2 dark brown curtly bands, a rather wide one at the end of the basal white area, and a small one at the beginning of the apical quarter, the whole surface with very small dark brown dots, black brown tomentation on: apical part of the tibia, especially the dorsal area, at the tarsus, the 3/4 apical part of the 4th antennal segment, apical part of the 5th, and segments 6 to 11.
Xavier Posted - 09/05/2015 : 10:46:55
I wonder what is the difference between A.mouhoti and A.balteoides. Could you translate this ?

187.13 KB
Xaurus Posted - 09/05/2015 : 00:24:42
Does anybody has a type picture of Agelasta balteata Pascoe, 1866, in BMNH I couldn't find (maybe, I don't remember).
I believe most of the spms belong to A. mouhoti Pascoe, 1862 (maybe the same like A. balteoides Breuning, 1961) a common and widespread one. The picture in Rondon & Breuning (1970) for A. balteata should belong to A. mouhoti too.
I will post the two type spms under the type section later.
nasa Posted - 08/05/2015 : 08:37:09
quote:
Originally posted by Xavier

Agelasta (Dissosira) mouhotii Pascoe, 1862 following Titan database.

Xavier, thanks!
Firstly, I regarded it as Agelasta balteata Pascoe,1866 based on the database of Larry, so I think there must be some mistakes in his database!
Xavier Posted - 08/05/2015 : 08:00:20
Agelasta (Dissosira) mouhotii Pascoe, 1862 following Titan database.

Cerambycoidea Forum © 2000-08 Snitz Communications Go To Top Of Page