Cerambycoidea Forum
Cerambycoidea Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Cerambycidae Lamiinae
 Pteropliini
 Borneo: Cyphoscyla

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Insert an Image File

T O P I C    R E V I E W
dryobius Posted - 24/01/2013 : 17:34:46

I'm looking for additional specimens from Borneo and elsewhere.
This is possibly a new species in the genus.
6   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Xaurus Posted - 02/12/2014 : 00:11:47
I have a spm from S-Yunnan preliminary determined as C. lacordairei, a different sps too, and now in Villach under study.

308.53 KB
Max Posted - 01/12/2014 : 21:06:32
There is a photo from old internet-site (Indonesian Longicorn Database). Hero of this topic was be named as Parexarrhenus excellens

496.72 KB
dryobius Posted - 01/12/2014 : 15:57:33
Hi cerambyphil,

I believe that Holzschuh is about to publish a paper with the description of the new Cyphoscyla from Sabah, Malaysia (Borneo). He has maybe 3 or 4 specimens. Your specimen from Java is different in my opinion. The Pteropliini are very difficult to work on. I don't have much material from Java, but I'm sure there are many new species there too.

Dan
cerambyphil Posted - 01/12/2014 : 11:58:28
Hello Dryobius,
I send you my insect from Est-Java. It looks like Cyphoscyla lacordairei but its antenna are longer and the scape is thinner ?
Your specimen from Bornéo is very different from mine and must be an other species.

265.39 KB
dryobius Posted - 27/01/2013 : 14:48:06
I have Cyphoscyla lacordairei from Sumatra. The pair I have from Borneo has differences in the legs from my Sumatra specimen.

It's possibly a new species, so that is why I would like to find more specimens of this genus.

As you can see, the body has very rough sculpturing and is covered in thick pubescence which makes it difficult to study with just a photograph.
Francesco Posted - 27/01/2013 : 11:14:14

That is Cyphoscyla lacordairei Thomson, 1868 of Breuning's (1963: 217) monographs... you knew it certainly.

Only one species described from Malacca but recorded from Java and Sumatra as well.
A synonym (according to Breuning ) coming from Vietnam: Hoabinhia multituberculata Pic, 1934...

Breuning's description fits enough. He also noticed that the species is very variable concerning the development of the dorsal ridges and pronotal pattern.

Cerambycoidea Forum © 2000-08 Snitz Communications Go To Top Of Page