Cerambycoidea Forum
Cerambycoidea Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Cerambycidae Lamiinae
 Pteropliini
 India: Paramispila bispecularis

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Insert an Image File

T O P I C    R E V I E W
sangamesh Posted - 17/04/2015 : 12:52:27

Karnataka: 18 mm

The specimen in my collection has bands and spots of whitish pubescence rather than yellow (patch on middle of each tibia, border of velvety spots on pronotum, underside of the body, zigzag spot on elytra all are whitish AND as such there is no patch of pubescence on base of fourth antennomere), even the tubercles on base of elytra are sparse and not distinct ... is it simply variation?
...further, going through Gahan's 1893 description of the genus Alidus, I was struck with more doubts...
Gahan describing the genus Alidus has quoted "prothorax angulated or tuberculate at middle of each side" but there is no such tubercle at middle, rather it is on anterior portion before the middle on each side of pronotum... further he said "fifth antennomere longer and curved" but it is the fourth antennomere which is longer and curved... is this been noticed and corrected by somebody?
please help me... gratitude... just to add, the mid-tibiae is provided with a ridge on one side of its dorsal surface, for short distance.
7   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Xavier Posted - 31/05/2021 : 21:01:47
quote:
Originally posted by Francesco

I do not think this species is Alidus biplagiatus.
The most important character lacking in this specimens are the granules on the elytral base, well visible in this picture.

The holotype specimen of Paramispila bispecularis is visible here, and granulation at shoulder is also visible.

Paramispila bispecularis and Alidus biplagiatus are synonyms, as wrote by HELLER, 1926. Systematische und faunistische Notizen über Käfer, nebst einem neuen Colpodes.

Sangamesh specimen is may be another species ?
sangamesh Posted - 27/04/2015 : 15:53:42
thank you very much
Xaurus Posted - 27/04/2015 : 13:34:08
Dear Sangamesh, I have post the HT in the type section, not the best picture, but for confirmation enough, I believe
Xaurus Posted - 24/04/2015 : 14:08:43
compared with the HT spm I really can confirm this species, but I don't know why Paramispila (less hairy ?).
Francesco Posted - 23/04/2015 : 14:37:03
quote:
Originally posted by jplami

I think to Mispila sp.

Close... Mispila show a rounded mesosternum; it is truncated here.
Alidus shows eyes divided in two lobes, they are entire here.

It is Paramispila bispecularis (White, 1858), an endemic Indian species.
First picture on the Web!
I do not think it is a common species. Congratulations!
jplami Posted - 18/04/2015 : 14:14:02
I think to Mispila sp.
Francesco Posted - 17/04/2015 : 22:20:09
I do not think this species is Alidus biplagiatus.
The most important character lacking in this specimens are the granules on the elytral base, well visible in this picture.

For a better comparison, you should re-prepare your beetle as the linked one (head in natural position, antennae and legs along body).

Cerambycoidea Forum © 2000-08 Snitz Communications Go To Top Of Page