Cerambycoidea Forum
Cerambycoidea Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Cerambycidae Lamiinae
 Acanthocinini
 India: Ostedes subrufipennis ?

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Insert an Image File

T O P I C    R E V I E W
sangamesh Posted - 12/01/2017 : 11:14:16

372.28 KB

Loc: Kerala, southern India...it resemble species like here and here but quite distinct though...Any suggestions?
7   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Xavier Posted - 06/03/2018 : 09:48:17
Mono, your specimen could be Rondibilis sikkimensis (Breuning, 1961) as here...but I wonder how many species are synonyms.
Xavier Posted - 06/03/2018 : 09:36:02
Have a look to this species.
MONO Posted - 26/08/2017 : 05:45:54
I have one from SW China! which is similar to them.I don't have more ideas.Ostedes.sp? or Paraclodia.sp#65311;
quote:
Originally posted by Xavier

Type species of genus is Eryssamena saperdina Bates, 1884.

In Titan, Eryssamena saperdina Bates, 1884 becomes Rondibilis saperdina (Bates, 1884) in OHBAYASHI N. & NIISATO T., 2007.Longicorn Beetles of Japan. Tokai University Press, Kanagawa.

Was it the first change ?

43.46 KB
sangamesh Posted - 16/08/2017 : 15:22:47
Breuning in 1974 erected the genus Paraclodia in the publication "Quelques nouvelles espèces de Lamiinae du Muséum d'histoire naturelle de Genève (Coleoptera, Cerambycidae) II. Revue Suisse de Zoologie 81 (2): 371-375" based on a single specimen coming from Kerala. later he seems to have totally forgotten this genus while he made the revision on Acanthocini published in 1977, as there is no mention of Paraclodia in the text...Except for the slight variation of spots on pronotum and elytra, the specimen which I had posted here, to great extent agrees with the description...I think there seems to be no much difference between Rondibilis and Paraclodia except for the latter having closed mesocoxal cavities as mentioned in the Breunings description...may be another case of synonymy or Paraclodia is a good genus?

416.98 KB
Xavier Posted - 13/01/2017 : 11:05:51
Type species of genus is Eryssamena saperdina Bates, 1884.

In Titan, Eryssamena saperdina Bates, 1884 becomes Rondibilis saperdina (Bates, 1884) in OHBAYASHI N. & NIISATO T., 2007.Longicorn Beetles of Japan. Tokai University Press, Kanagawa.

Was it the first change ?
sangamesh Posted - 13/01/2017 : 08:10:39
As I understood by following the keys given in Rondon and Breuning (1970) and Breuning (1977), some of the Rondibilis (earlier Eryssamena) pronotum posses lateral tubercle like Ostedes and only way to differentiate them is based on:

Eyes coarsely facetted....Eryssamena (now Rondibilis)
Eyese finely facetted.....Ostedes and Driopea

following which, my specimen have coarsely facetted eyes... so I think it should be Rondibilis rather than an Ostedes...and I'm unable to trace who synonymized Eryssamena to Rondibilis please do suggest the literature dealing with the nomenclature change...
Xavier Posted - 12/01/2017 : 11:31:40
quote:
...Any suggestions?

Yes, here : Ostedes subrufipennis Breuning, 1963
I wonder how many synomyms exist ? Rondibilis, Ostedes sp. need a revision.

Cerambycoidea Forum © 2000-08 Snitz Communications Go To Top Of Page