Cerambycoidea Forum
Cerambycoidea Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Cerambycidae Prioninae
 Aegosomatini
 India: Nepiodes terminalis ♂

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Insert an Image File

T O P I C    R E V I E W
sangamesh Posted - 25/12/2014 : 14:01:34

India, Karnataka
According to Gahan its Aegosomini tribe and the updated usage is Aegosomatini...the genus was Aegosoma and i see it allover as Nepiodes and species from terminale to terminalis?
...can anybody enlighten me on these changes in taxonomy...is there any compiled resource documented to account all these changes with reasons quoted..I'm feeling little lost with so many changes and I'm honestly not sure where to find reasons for all these changes made...gratitude for the help
6   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Francesco Posted - 09/10/2016 : 09:46:26
The paper recording this species from India is finally published and is available here.

Many compliments Sanagamesh!
horshehden Posted - 26/12/2014 : 16:15:18
It might be ok.
Quite many Ceylon species are known from southern India and 1000 km is not a large distance there (no significant natural barrier) - at least, they have not been separated into subspecies until now.
Xavier Posted - 26/12/2014 : 13:54:24
Nepiodes terminalis (Gahan, 1906) is only known from Sri Lanka, and I don't know if it's an endemic species ... Karnataka is at least at 500 km from Sri Lanka.
sangamesh Posted - 25/12/2014 : 16:59:11
OMG! YES nasa, while posting it i made this obvious blunder...sorry sir..how do i move this post to Prioninae forum topic?
...and thank you Dan for your suggestion..thank you sir
dryobius Posted - 25/12/2014 : 14:14:47
Under Tavakilian's Titan data base, you should go to authors like Komiya and Drumont and look at the list of papers published. Komiya has reviewed most of Aegosomatini. If you need pdf's of Komiya's paper, I think I have most, and just ask.
Dan
nasa Posted - 25/12/2014 : 14:05:46
sangamesh, it should belong to subfamily Prioninae

Cerambycoidea Forum © 2000-08 Snitz Communications Go To Top Of Page