Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

dryobius
Member Rosenbergia

USA
1885 Posts

Posted - 03/10/2017 :  12:52:39  Show Profile  Email Poster  Reply with Quote
I had the opportunity to study numerous green Erythrus from W. Kalimantan recently.. I also provided numerous examples to Holzschuh. He has not finalized his study yet, but the only species I have definitely identified are E. gilvellus and E. viridipennis.

These two species are readily separated by the texture of their elytra. R. gilvellus is, what I see, extremely finely and distinctly rugose. With a hand lens, this texture is quite obvious. The pronotum of E. gilvellus is unicolorous, but is slightly tuberculate. The pronotum of viridipennis is much smoother. E. viridipennis has, occasionally, some bluish color apically or nearly completely covering the elytra.

E. crinitoguttatus and E. viridipennis are very similar in the texture of the elytra. The easiest way for me to separate them is by examining the ventral surface and looking for a small area of what pubescence by the rear coxa. Sometimes, E. crinitoguttatus has two small black, round, spots on the pronotum and none of the other green Eyrthrus have this feature as far as I know.

For many of the black and red Erythrus, the location of red and black is very problematical. I have specimens of E. magnus with black heads. E. ignitus males and females have somewhat different patterns on the elytra.

I have about 5 species from Borneo which may be new. So, there are probably many still waiting to be discovered.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Send Topic to a Friend
 Printer Friendly
| More
Jump To:
Cerambycoidea Forum © 2000-08 Snitz Communications Go To Top Of Page