1138 Posts

Posted - 21/03/2011 :  21:11:55  Show Profile  Email Poster  Reply with Quote

Camerun, 12 mm,
Cordylomera

Francesco
Forum Admin

Luxembourg
9420 Posts

Posted - 25/03/2011 :  08:44:16  Show Profile  Email Poster  Visit Francesco's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Mi pare un maschio di Cordylomera laetitiae Téocchi, 1971, descritta dell'Africa Centrale, ma segnalata anche del Camerun e della Costa d'Avorio.
Go to Top of Page

Littlebeetle23
Member Purpuricenus

France
296 Posts

Posted - 25/03/2011 :  09:44:45  Show Profile  Email Poster  Reply with Quote

I have this specimen from Tanzania and I identified it as C. vittata Jordan, 1903 with the help of Duffy's revision. It seems very close from C. laetitiae Teocchi, 1971.
I don't have the description of this last species so I don't know if Teocchi compared his new species with C. vittata.
So someone could tell me differences between these 2 species?
Go to Top of Page

Francesco
Forum Admin

Luxembourg
9420 Posts

Posted - 25/03/2011 :  11:56:30  Show Profile  Email Poster  Visit Francesco's Homepage  Reply with Quote
These specimens seem to be the same species!
I do not have the original description of C. laetitiae but I have seen a picture of a female in Adlbauer's paper concerning cerambycids from Ivory Coast. The picture was fairly small and my (or other's) identification is probably erroneous. I will attach it as soon as possible.

Your problems with attachments derive from the fact that your image had a space in the name (32 2324.jpg). This is a common problem in Web-sites.
Go to Top of Page

Francesco
Forum Admin

Luxembourg
9420 Posts

Posted - 25/03/2011 :  12:09:39  Show Profile  Email Poster  Visit Francesco's Homepage  Reply with Quote

Voilà.
Size: 11 mm.
Origin: Adlbauer K., 2000 - Bockkäfer aus dem Comoé-Nationalpark in der Elfenbeinküste (Coleoptera, Cerambycidae) - Mitteilungen aus dem Museum für Naturkunde in Berlin, Zoologische Reihe 76 (1): 101-112: p. 104, Fig. 5.
Go to Top of Page

Littlebeetle23
Member Purpuricenus

France
296 Posts

Posted - 25/03/2011 :  12:51:41  Show Profile  Email Poster  Reply with Quote
I have this paper of Karl Adlbauer, but it's a B&W copy and the pictures are very bad. I'll try to get the paper of Teocchi published in the "Cahiers de la Maboké" where he described this Cordylomera.
It'll take me to have it more than 2 weeks, but as soon as I'll have it I'll tell you if Teocchi talk about a differential diagnosis between these 2 close species.
Go to Top of Page

Francesco
Forum Admin

Luxembourg
9420 Posts

Posted - 25/03/2011 :  13:12:56  Show Profile  Email Poster  Visit Francesco's Homepage  Reply with Quote
The only character I have detected is that Carlo's specimen has elytra with metallic integuments, while yours has brown-black integuments (corresponding to the description of vittata).
If this is the only differential character, I do not know whether it can be considered as valid in order to separate two species... moreover, variable as Cordylomera are!
Go to Top of Page

Littlebeetle23
Member Purpuricenus

France
296 Posts

Posted - 24/05/2011 :  13:40:07  Show Profile  Email Poster  Reply with Quote
J'ai enfin récupéré la description de Cordylomera laetitiae par Téocchi.
A la fin de la description il note ceci:
"Cordylomera laetitiae diffère de Cordylomera vittata Jordan par ses tubercules antennifères émoussés, ses antennes un peu moins longues, l'épine des articles III à VI plus courte, ses plaques pronotales glabres, ses bandes élytrales jaunes moins larges, et surtout par l'absence de dent apicale aux élytres.
Cette espèce est dédiée à mon épouse. Elle se place près de vittata Jordan dont elle ne constitue vraisemblablement, que la forme vicariante qui occupe le centre et le centre-ouest de l'Afrique..."

On peut distinguer les différences entre les 2 spécimens en photos dans ce topic, on voit bien que le spécimen camerounais est C. laetitiae et que le mien de Tanzanie est bien C. vittata.
Mais comme le disait déjà Pierre Téocchi à l'époque, il est fort probable que nous ayons affaire à une seule espèce ayant des formes différentes selon leur répartition en Afrique.
Go to Top of Page

Francesco
Forum Admin

Luxembourg
9420 Posts

Posted - 25/05/2011 :  20:46:46  Show Profile  Email Poster  Visit Francesco's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Merci beaucoup Mickael.
Ça marche tout, alors!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Send Topic to a Friend
 Printer Friendly
| More
Jump To:
Cerambycoidea Forum © 2000-08 Snitz Communications Go To Top Of Page