Printer Friendly
| More
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

dryobius
Member Rosenbergia

USA
1885 Posts

Posted - 16/07/2017 :  14:56:33  Show Profile  Email Poster  Reply with Quote
In the latest paper by Holzschuh in Cahiers, I am having difficulty interpreting Holzschuh's differential dignosis between O. shibatai Hayashi and O. detersa Holzschuh n. sp.

I have 2 specimens of Oplatocera from Sumatra. I am looking for a feature that can be used to separate them. "Google" translates very well, but I am not comfortable with trusting it.

So is anyone fluent in German and English?

Oplatocera shibatai unterscheidet sich demnach durch die neben der Naht weiterzur Spitze reichenden dunklen Länngsstreifen; viel breitere und längere, schwarze Längsstreifen am Halsschild, die obendrein kurz abstehend, samtartig schwarz behaart sind(!); nur an der Unterseite schwarz gefärbten Skapus und nicht an der Spitze schwarz gefärbte, sondern einfarbig rötlichbraune Schenkel sowie mit nur 3 Längsrippen auf jeder Decke.

Francesco
Forum Admin

Luxembourg
9416 Posts

Posted - 16/07/2017 :  15:23:50  Show Profile  Email Poster  Visit Francesco's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Oplatocera shibatai differs moreover in the dark longitudinal bands beside suture, which reach the apex; the much wider and longer black longitudinal bands on the pronotum, which are covered with a shortly raised black velvet (!); the scape, which is black only on the ventral side, and the femurs not black apically but uniformly reddish brown, like the 3 longitudinal ridges on each elytron.
Go to Top of Page

dryobius
Member Rosenbergia

USA
1885 Posts

Posted - 16/07/2017 :  16:33:18  Show Profile  Email Poster  Reply with Quote
great! thank you
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Send Topic to a Friend
 Printer Friendly