| More
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Riana
Member Rosalia

South Africa
734 Posts

Posted - 04/03/2018 :  10:41:13  Show Profile  Email Poster  Reply with Quote

250.54 KB

Morning All, a very small Lamiinae from Northern Cape, South Africa.
Length 3 - 4 mm

Could this be Subinermexocentrus

Edited by - Riana on 07/03/2018 19:30:40

Jérôme Sudre
Member Rosenbergia

France
1771 Posts

Posted - 08/03/2018 :  17:57:32  Show Profile  Email Poster  Reply with Quote
Hello Riana

I had been able to see the type of this species in 1998 ....... No picture !!! But I had noticed some determining elements ...
Lateral spine replaced by 2 or 3 microgranules! (There is no very large lateral tubercle, as Breuning writes in O.D.)
Incomplete antennas but which must reach the apex of the elytra.
Scapus a little longer than the third articles, second rather long, fourth a little shorter than the third and definitely longer than the fifth. The articles long and sparingly ciliated on their underside.
Front plate moderately transverse. Lower ocular lobes a little higher than the cheeks.
Pronotum transverse, slightly rounded, rounded sides, it has 2 or 3 granules and can be a tiny lateral spine (the type is in the glue and therefore difficult to discern the presence of a spine!).
Very densely punctuated.
Elytra long rounded at the apex, very densely punctuated and bristling with some rather long bristles.
A priori this kind is to be placed near the Exocentrus

Very close to the genus Scapogoephanes but separates by the scapus longer than the third article.
By the superior and inferior ocular lobes connected by a wide isthmus: 5 or 6 ommatidies against 2 or 3 in Scapogoephanes.
The elytra without disc bumps unlike Scapogoephanes.

It seems to me that I have 1 or 2 ex in collection which remained indeterminate .. Gracious to you it is possible that it is about Subinermexocentrus ...... I would look ....

Moreover, given the description and the observations made it is possible that it is about him!

Edited by - Jérôme Sudre on 08/03/2018 18:36:25
Go to Top of Page

Riana
Member Rosalia

South Africa
734 Posts

Posted - 09/03/2018 :  07:36:12  Show Profile  Email Poster  Reply with Quote
Hello Jérôme,
Thanks for your comment. Currently this specimen is still in the Northern Cape with My husband. As soon as he gets back, I will photograph under microscope. I will need to confirm the amount of rows of ommatidia in the lobe connecting region.
Thanking you for your help.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Send Topic to a Friend
 Printer Friendly
| More
Jump To:
Cerambycoidea Forum © 2000-08 Snitz Communications Go To Top Of Page