Send Topic to a Friend
 Printer Friendly
| More
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Norbert
Member Purpuricenus

France
319 Posts

Posted - 10/04/2020 :  22:37:18  Show Profile  Email Poster  Visit Norbert's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Good evening,

I have problem with date of publication of Drury.
In fact you have 3 volumes and first one printed in 1770 most about Coleoptera. But we are using 1773 (date of second volume most on Butterflies).
I hope someone could help me because some problem regarding species noted 1773 but cited in papers published before !!!

Thanks to all

Norbert
(Kinshasa at home during 2 weeks)

www.prioninae.org

Jacek Kurzawa
Member Nathrius

Poland
35 Posts

Posted - 18/04/2020 :  23:40:38  Show Profile  Email Poster  Visit Jacek Kurzawa's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Dear Norbert,

In Bosquet 2016 p. 154:

quote:
"As noted by Evenhuis (1997a: 212), the plates were sold as each one was ready. Therefore
the dates indicated above are those in which the completed volumes were first sold
or noticed.
The ICZN (1957a) ruled in Opinion 474 that the date of publication of the index,
published with the second volume of Drury’s work in 1773, containing names formed
in accordance with the principles of binominal nomenclature, is the official date of publication
of the species described and figured but not so named in the first volume issued
in 1770. Although published with the second volume, the index is often bound with the
first volume."

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Send Topic to a Friend
 Printer Friendly
| More
Jump To:
Cerambycoidea Forum © 2000-08 Snitz Communications Go To Top Of Page