Printer Friendly
| More
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Carlo
Member Rosenbergia

Italy
1138 Posts

Posted - 12/06/2010 :  19:22:07  Show Profile  Email Poster  Reply with Quote

La coppia di sinistra l'ho determinata come Pachydissus camerunicus, l'esemplare di destra non sono sicuro sia anch'esso un Pachydissus.

Camerun, da sinistra a destra 50, 45, 52 mm.

Francesco
Forum Admin

Luxembourg
9402 Posts

Posted - 11/08/2010 :  10:11:42  Show Profile  Email Poster  Visit Francesco's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Scusa Carlo se ti rispondo con ritardo, ma l'immagine inviata era troppo grande (arrivava a 4 Mega con definizione 96 dello schermo) e mi piantava il computer.
I due esemplari a sinistra sono giustamente una coppia di Pachydissus camerunicus Aur., mentre quello a destra mi lascia perplesso. È senz'altro un Pachydissus e secondo me potrebbe essere una femmina di P. garnieri, a giudicare dalla forma generale (soprattutto del protorace) e dalla colorazione del pronoto. L'unica cosa che non mi torna è la colorazione forse troppo cangiante delle elitre. Se hai la revisione di Adlbauer, potrai confrontarlo, se no, dimmi che te la mando.
Go to Top of Page

Carlo
Member Rosenbergia

Italy
1138 Posts

Posted - 11/08/2010 :  22:11:42  Show Profile  Email Poster  Reply with Quote
Grazie Francesco, ti pensavo in Spagna.
La revisione di Adlbauer non ce l'ho quindi se me la mandi ne sarò felice; per quanto riguarda il colore è più scuro di quanto appare in foto, con presenza di scarso tomento pallido e distribuito in modo irregolare.
Go to Top of Page

Francesco
Forum Admin

Luxembourg
9402 Posts

Posted - 12/08/2010 :  20:10:50  Show Profile  Email Poster  Visit Francesco's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Dovrebbe essere proprio il garnieri, allora: la foto della revisione è un po' più scura di questo esemplare.
Go to Top of Page

africaone
Member Purpuricenus

Belgium
484 Posts

Posted - 28/08/2010 :  11:53:30  Show Profile  Email Poster  Reply with Quote
I have a garnieri female much more homogeneous without the triangular costal shining.
Does anyone know any male of garnieri? I have a male that looks very much like aquilus and coming from Central Cameroon and I suppose it may be.
Thierry
Go to Top of Page

africaone
Member Purpuricenus

Belgium
484 Posts

Posted - 28/08/2010 :  11:59:00  Show Profile  Email Poster  Reply with Quote

Here it is a supposed female garnieri
Go to Top of Page

Francesco
Forum Admin

Luxembourg
9402 Posts

Posted - 30/08/2010 :  20:42:20  Show Profile  Email Poster  Visit Francesco's Homepage  Reply with Quote

Welcome in the Forum Thierry!
Here the triplet, at the centre the holotype.
It seems to me that they are no many doubts about their identity, though the specimen at the left seems to have less metallic reflections.
Actually, the specimens at right seems to have wider differences, especially at the elytral apex. However, the black pattern on the pronotum seems to me fairly characteristic.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Send Topic to a Friend
 Printer Friendly
| More
Jump To:
Cerambycoidea Forum © 2000-08 Snitz Communications Go To Top Of Page