Cerambycoidea Forum
Cerambycoidea Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Cerambycidae Cerambycinae
 Callichromatini
 Vietnam: Chloridolum sp.

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Insert an Image File

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Larry Bezark Posted - 10/08/2023 : 17:41:56

122.72 KB

from Yen Bai Province, Vietnam 18mm.

Larry B.
5   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Andre Posted - 01/10/2023 : 15:47:46
Thanks Xavier for the info. That is certainly very unfortunate.
But this measure hinders research in many fields. Whether this is the right way ???
Larry Bezark Posted - 10/09/2023 : 20:53:03
Thanks for the information Xavier, a difficult situation.

Larry B.

Xavier Posted - 10/09/2023 : 17:59:06
quote:
Originally posted by Andre

The loan stop from the Paris museum is a real nuisance.

This is the main reason:

In March 2017, the Australian Department of Agriculture and Water Resources destroyed 105 plates from the herbarium collection of the Muséum national d'histoire naturelle (Paris). They covered the Lagenophora family, small herbaceous plants similar to our daisies that grow in Australia, New Zealand and South America. "Michel Guiraud, Director of Collections at France's Muséum national d'histoire naturelle (MNHN), laments: "These plates include six 'type specimens'. In other words, we have lost the plants with all the distinctive characteristics of these species, which were only kept in the Museum's herbarium, a sort of plant standard valid for the whole world".
Translate from this page.

Since this stupid affair, the MNHN no longer takes any risks and no longer lends out holotypes.
Larry Bezark Posted - 12/08/2023 : 01:42:54
Sorry about the situation in Paris, is this because they have no current collections manager for beetles, or does it go deeper?

Larry B.
Andre Posted - 11/08/2023 : 20:22:51
In my opinion, this group of the genus Chloridolum cannot be determined at the moment. I have about 10 species of this group. All species are very variable and can only be distinguished with certainty on the basis of the fibula. I could not yet examine the types of this group, mostly in Paris. The loan stop from the Paris museum is a real nuisance.

Cerambycoidea Forum © 2000-08 Snitz Communications Go To Top Of Page