Cerambycoidea Forum
Cerambycoidea Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Cerambycidae Cerambycinae
 Callidiopini
 India: Ceresium declaratum

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Insert an Image File

T O P I C    R E V I E W
SDevesa Posted - 11/04/2023 : 12:56:21

498.07 KB

Xavier, looking at my four specimens collected in Sikkim, I believe 3 of them corresponded with the C. lucifugum, but the other one seems to be as a male of Ceresium propinquum Holzschuh, 1982 described in the same paper. I very much appreciate your opinion.
Sergio Devesa
2   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
SDevesa Posted - 11/04/2023 : 20:03:27
I have read the description of C. declaratum Holzschuh, 1990 and it seems to me that it is quite similar to my specimen. So, I'm going to label it with this name.

I appreciate your time and suggestions. I have learned a lot about this difficult genus. Thanks
Sergio Devesa
Xavier Posted - 11/04/2023 : 19:04:57
No, I do not think it is C. propinquum which has the hair spots closer to the posterior edge of the pronotum, and appears less hairy around the eyes.

It is not easy, several species have the same hairs: Ceresium inaequalicolle Pic, 1933 (China, Yunnan),Ceresium nilgiriense Gahan, 1906 (India, laos, etc), but read the description of Ceresium declaratum Holzschuh, 1990 from Darjeeling, which has same white hairs around eyes, and similar pattern on pronotum.

Cerambycoidea Forum © 2000-08 Snitz Communications Go To Top Of Page