Cerambycoidea Forum
Cerambycoidea Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Generalities
 Scientific questions
 Penthides anilis VS Mimoserixia rondoni

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Insert an Image File

T O P I C    R E V I E W
nasa Posted - 08/10/2014 : 09:55:14
I found the photos of Penthides anilis Holzschuh, 2010 and Mimoserixia rondoni Breuning, 1963 from the database "A photographic catalog of the Cerambycidae of the New World". I suppose the former is a junior synonym of latter. How do you think? thanks.
7   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
znort Posted - 10/08/2018 : 08:45:27
It's not always easy to have access to the Holotype material, but sometimes entomologists don't make enough research before their publication and after it's more and more difficult to have a clear and objective view.
According this post I obtain this year a Penthides species from Fujien very close to analis or modestus and it's impossible for me to say exactly what is it between them (I don't speak German). Except for the fact they come from a locality close to the locus typicus of modestus, I determinate like that but I'm not sure at 100%. According Breuning, with the mesocoxa character, it's not a Mimoserixia.
longyun Posted - 10/08/2018 : 02:52:27
Oh, it is so complicated! Why they do not make they work properly so that we can understand it easily? They want us not to understand the group?
znort Posted - 09/08/2018 : 03:28:25
It's more difficult for me. According Breuning, the difference is situated at the mesocoxa (open or close) and it's impossible to see it on the type photos available.
About Penthides analis, Holzschuh describes and compares it with Penthides flavus but forgets Penthides modestus Tippman. If you read, the description about Penthides modestus, you understand it is really closer to analis than flavus and maybe they're synonym too.
longyun Posted - 29/07/2018 : 15:21:28
But what I can see there?
One has little spine, other not, is it the same?
Xavier Posted - 28/07/2018 : 21:37:39
Holotypes of both species are here and here.
longyun Posted - 28/07/2018 : 17:06:47
Oh, do you have the same pronotum? I mean, the proportion and spine or tubercle?
How Mimoserixia differs from Penthides?
Something beneath?
Xavier Posted - 27/07/2018 : 08:53:35
I think about the same...have you got pictures to show ?

Cerambycoidea Forum © 2000-08 Snitz Communications Go To Top Of Page