Cerambycoidea Forum
Cerambycoidea Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Generalities
 Scientific questions
 Megaderus bifasciatus

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Insert an Image File

T O P I C    R E V I E W
dryobius Posted - 19/11/2017 : 13:58:48
Myself and two colleagues are working on a paper concerning Megaderus bifasciatus. I have data on the specimens from nearly every American museum as well as the museums in London, Paris & Stockholm. Our paper will be submitted for publication in January.

Earlier this year, there was a specimen sold on Ebay. I don't know who purchased it, but I would like to include the data.

Please contact me if you are willing to share.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Prioninae-Cerambycidae-ultra-rarest-Megaderus-bifasciatus-A1-25MM-EX3-/172708691613?rmvSB=true&nma=true&si=v0U84kiYNxxLr6fmmSGVGRBzOVk%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

Dan Heffern titanusgiganteus(at)hotmail.com

9   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Pierre Posted - 05/12/2018 : 20:23:46
Very interesting. Thank you Dan!
Pierre Posted - 05/12/2018 : 17:47:16
Ha...! Yes...!!
dryobius Posted - 05/12/2018 : 17:35:02
A paper regarding this species was just published in the Pan Pacific Entomologist. Pdf available from me by request.
Pierre Posted - 20/11/2017 : 06:59:37
Do you know someone trustworthy down there? A good contact would be welcome...!
dryobius Posted - 20/11/2017 : 00:32:00
Hi Pierre,

thanks for your investigation. I have purchased several inexpensive items from this seller. One of the items needed repairs.

There are some bad traders in Mexico.

Dan
Pierre Posted - 19/11/2017 : 20:12:32
See the feedbacks on ebay concerning this seller osa.ossa.3ityxfwes6 ( = Oscar Sanchez from Mexico): he is able to cause worst kind of troubles. The Megaderus bifasciatus you are talking about has been sold, the buyer wrote:

"No data, poorly packed (broken), no response from seller on data request Buyer: i***m

During past 6 months Feedback conversation
Prioninae Cerambycidae ultra rarest Megaderus bifasciatus A1 (25MM) # EX3 (#172708691613)
US $599.00
Best Offer Price was AcceptedThis item was listed in fixed price format with a Best Offer option. The seller accepted a Best Offer price."http://myworld.ebay.com/osa.ossa.3ityxfwes6

The seller never replies to emails. I have had my own mess with him.
Gerard Posted - 19/11/2017 : 15:53:35
Méfier vous de ce vendeur, j’ai du annuler une commande. Il ne répond pas au mail et ne supprime pas les frais de livraison supplémentaires lors d’achat de plusieurs lots.
dryobius Posted - 19/11/2017 : 15:48:30
We are trying to contact the seller, but no success so far.

Since the item was not re-listed, I believe it has been sold.

cerambyphil Posted - 19/11/2017 : 15:03:31
Dan, I think you should contact the seller because I have the impression that the insect was not sold, but that the sale ended with the passage of time granted.

Cerambycoidea Forum © 2000-08 Snitz Communications Go To Top Of Page