Cerambycoidea Forum
Cerambycoidea Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Cerambycidae Lamiinae
 Lamiini
 Borneo, Myagrus hynesii?

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Insert an Image File

T O P I C    R E V I E W
dryobius Posted - 06/01/2015 : 15:04:04

465.53 KB

The recent post of the photo of Myagrus hynesii Pascoe from India is interesting, and I am not convinced that it is the same species as my "Myagrus hynesii" from Borneo, which Hudepohl identified for me about 15 years ago.

Thus, hynesii (type local, Bombay) and its synonym costeri (type local, Sumatra) might be different, or they could be closely related species.

This is another case for further study, again, of a complex group of genera. Also, I have not encountered a significant number of this "hynesii" form from either Borneo or Sumatra over the last 20 years. And I have no material of this genus other than the very common "Myagrus vinosus".
4   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
dryobius Posted - 08/12/2023 : 13:00:52
Hi "Xaurus" / "Nasa"

You should publish your opinion, which is probably spot on. I don't have photos of either type. Of course Breuning made hundreds of mistakes, and Hudepohl (who helped me identify species 25 years ago) was unfortunately having eyesight problems.

"Dryobius"
Xaurus Posted - 06/12/2023 : 12:47:56
back to an older post:

I think this species is Neopharsalia costeri v. d. Poll, 1886 it is not the same like Myagrus hynesii Pascoe. The description and pictures fit quite well, also the small hook at the base of scapus, like in fig 1a

I post a female from Borneo, 18mm here:

379.94 KB
nasa Posted - 06/01/2015 : 16:40:57
I do not believe your is Myagrus hynesii Pascoe, 1878 according to the original picture Xavier attached.
We can see Myagrus hynesii has a large white spot at elytral base.
Xavier Posted - 06/01/2015 : 16:14:24
Very interesting. Link to the other post here.
What is the lenght of your specimen ?

Cerambycoidea Forum © 2000-08 Snitz Communications Go To Top Of Page