Cerambycoidea Forum
Cerambycoidea Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Cerambycidae Lamiinae
 Saperdini
 Togo: Neonitocris regina (?)

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Insert an Image File

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Vitali Posted - 01/02/2022 : 16:22:13

291.92 KB

I would suggest Neonitocris princeps (Jordan, 1894), but several coloration details distinguish this specimen: yellow femora, black first antennomeres, half of pronotum contrasting black. Is this still the same species? Size 23 mm.
5   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Vitali Posted - 11/02/2022 : 11:06:50
After discussion with Jérôme in private we can suggest this beetle to be Neonitocris regina (Jordan, 1894)(?) - that means with a small question mark
Vitali Posted - 07/02/2022 : 19:48:41
Yes, send me the pictures please. I'll also examine pronotum more closely in view of what you have written.
Jérôme Sudre Posted - 07/02/2022 : 19:01:34
Yes, try? The difference that I personally consider as main and fundamental between Vespinitocris and Neonitocris is that Vespinitocris has extremely narrow elytra which let clearly appear the wings contrary to Neonitocris where the elytra hides them. Moreover the pronotum of Vespinitocris have very marked bumps, even if it can be the case with Neonitocris very often these bumps are attenuated. Now I know little or not, Vespinitocris, they are rare in collections and I have 1 specimen of 2 species .... On the other hand I have the impression that your specimen is a Neonitocris? But to look closely
I have pictures of 3 types of Vespinitocris and a drawing of one of the species if it can help you I can send you these pictures?
Vitali Posted - 07/02/2022 : 09:59:43
Thank you, Jérôme. I'll try to find it out.
Meanwhile, what do you think, is Vespinitocris dux (Jordan, 1894) a completely wrong suggestion? I read the original description, and the colour of pronotum, elytra, legs and antennae fits perfectly (I did not have a chance to look at the abdomen yet), but somehow it does not look much as Vespinitocris.
Jérôme Sudre Posted - 06/02/2022 : 11:04:13
Yes maybe but look also at N regina var rufescenticollis?

Cerambycoidea Forum © 2000-08 Snitz Communications Go To Top Of Page