Cerambycoidea Forum
Cerambycoidea Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Cerambycidae Lamiinae
 Ancylonotini
 Zimbabwe: Idactus minimus

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Insert an Image File

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Riana Posted - 02/07/2022 : 17:53:50

383.49 KB

Hot Springs
Length: 10 mm
2   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Riana Posted - 03/07/2022 : 16:51:22
Thanks Jérôme
Jérôme Sudre Posted - 03/07/2022 : 16:01:20
Idactus minimus Téocchi et Sudre

I want to make one thing clear though! We specify at the end of the description that it may be a minor form of I cristulatus! NO! It is indeed a species in its own right! Indeed the chaetotaxy of these two entities is that cristulatus presents a rather fine and denser pubescence than minimus which has a rather scaly and less dense pubescence (all this at high magnification!).
Moreover there are strong chances that Prosidactus bartolozii is only a synonym of I minimus ! The characters between the two names are the same and only the coloration differs, lighter in Prosidactus and darker in I minimus.
Indeed the characters given which characterize the genus Prosidactus are to my eyes light! The history of the ommatidia, the reversed "U", the blunt lateral spine are characters which are found in some species of Idactus so I will ask for the type of P bartolozzii in Florence to confirm (or invalidate) that because I think there is a synonymie ?

Cerambycoidea Forum © 2000-08 Snitz Communications Go To Top Of Page