Cerambycoidea Forum
Cerambycoidea Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Cerambycidae Lamiinae
 Phrynetini
 Homelix from RDC

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Insert an Image File

T O P I C    R E V I E W
anders Posted - 04/05/2018 : 13:38:52

137.63 KB

The attached photo is from North Kivu. Length 34 mm.
I assume a Homelix but have not seen this sp.
6   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Jérôme Sudre Posted - 11/05/2018 : 19:58:12
The specimen I have is very similar to yours of the same size as those belonging to my litturatus however yes maybe it is another species but it should still see other specimens I think?
anders Posted - 11/05/2018 : 12:14:00
Thank you, both. The unknown sp has rounded elytra apices, just like my male lituratus. The female H. lituratus has an angular apex. Again, H. morini differs in its small, yet very obvious, sutural tooth.
Jérôme Sudre Posted - 10/05/2018 : 10:24:55
Hello Anders
This insect still looks more like lituratus than morini already by its elytral punctuation and its median discal tubercle of the pronotum. Knowing that lituratus is extremely variable in both size and colour, it is also possible that another undescribed species (?) is hiding in the middle of lituratus..... On the other hand, is the elytral apex without spine or does it have a small spine ??
I have an ex that looks a lot like yours; however, mine is a morini with these apical stretching, its very strong elytral punctuation are medial tubercle split in two etc ...... anyway, it would have to see other specimens I thought ?
Jérôme
africaone Posted - 09/05/2018 : 11:58:54
I agree that this looks different species .....
anders Posted - 09/05/2018 : 08:59:26
Thank you, Jerome. Yes, I had already compared with the two species you mention, but none of them really matches. On the attached photo there are m+f H. lituratus to the left. Then to the right the unnamed species on top, and a H. morini f below. I think H. morini is out of the question since the pronotal sculpturation is totally different. This sculpturation is closer to H. lituratus, but still different. The foveolation of the humeral area in the H. sp. is much more limited and shallow than in both H. morini and H. lituratus.

274.28 KB
Jérôme Sudre Posted - 09/05/2018 : 07:25:03
Bonjour

Regardez à Homelix morini Téocchi ou H lituratus Qued ?
D'après la photo j'aurai du mal à être précis car il s'agit d'espèces jumelles ou en tous cas extrêmement proches.

Bonne journée

Cerambycoidea Forum © 2000-08 Snitz Communications Go To Top Of Page