Cerambycoidea Forum
Cerambycoidea Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Cerambycidae Lamiinae
 Acanthoderini
 Vietnam: Aegomorphus circumflexus

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Insert an Image File

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Bennyboymothman Posted - 30/09/2015 : 12:54:10

259.46 KB

Not sure on this either.

Data: 11-1994 - Mt Fansipan - Lao Cai Prov - Vietnam - 16mm

Thanks again.
15   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Jérôme Sudre Posted - 13/02/2022 : 15:22:29
Concernant Berningerus maynei qui est = A circumflexus , personnellement je n'ai aucune donnée sur les plantes nouricières (en Afrique) ni pour B mameti Breuning par contre Berningerus gorillus qui est l'espèce la plus répandu , Téocchi l'a obtenu d'élevage de Manihot ultissima (Manioc) de RCA
Gerard Posted - 13/02/2022 : 12:41:50
A t'ont des donner sur la plante nourricière ?
Jérôme Sudre Posted - 13/02/2022 : 09:58:50
Je vais dans un article à venir synonymiser Berningerus maynei Breuning (dont j'ai vu le type) qui est exactement la même chose que A circumflexus. Restera à voir les sp gorillus, mameti quant à B gorilloides décrit d'Egypte, est très certainement la même chose que A jaspideus....
Cf le post précédent.
Xavier Posted - 13/02/2022 : 08:51:45
quote:
Originally posted by Xaurus

That was my assumption a wrong label, I've never seen an Acanthoderini in Vietnam.

220.58 KB

It's a wrong label. Who can seriously imagine the introduction of this species in this locality ?
Bennyboymothman Posted - 03/02/2020 : 20:53:14
Thank you for the update.
Francesco Posted - 03/02/2020 : 09:04:05
After the last revision, Aegomorphus circumflexus (Jacquelin du Val, 1857).

Psapharochrus was considered as a synonym of Aegomorphus.
Pardalisia remains as subgenus of Acanthoderes.
Scythropopsis and Symperasmus were considered as separated genera.
See BioLib here for the updated species list.

Keep attention that some combinations introduced by TitanBase were totally invented since never published.
Francesco Posted - 05/10/2015 : 12:57:13
quote:
Originally posted by jplami

Monné,2012:79 in Zootaxa 3213 cited (accepted) as valid genus of Acanthoderini
  • Anybody could explain me the generic differences between Psapharochrus, Pardalisia, Scythropopsis, Symperasmus Aegomorphus and most Acanthoderes?

• Anybody could explain me why - for example - A. giesberti (here) belongs to Acanthoderes and not to Psapharochrus or Aegomorphus?
    But I could select dozens of other Acanthoderes (A. affinis, A. albifrons, A. alpina, A. amplitoris, A. ariasi, A. barrerai, A. bicolor, etc., etc.).

• Anybody could explain me the strange distribution of these genera?

The simple reason is because Monné accepted a taxonomic (non systematic!) point of view that has no connection with the reality.
Bennyboymothman Posted - 05/10/2015 : 08:15:35
Thank you very much, a label was missing!
jplami Posted - 02/10/2015 : 22:54:23
Monné,2012:79 in Zootaxa 3213 cited (accepted) as valid genus of Acanthoderini :
(...)
Psapharochrus Thomson, 1864: 18
Type-species: Acanthoderes cylindrica Bates, 1861 (by original designation).
(...)
in his "Catalogue of the type-species of the genera of the Cerambycidae, Disteniidae, Oxypeltidae and Vesperidae (Coleoptera) of the Neotropical Region".
Authors follow him for all works on Neotropical longicorns.
Francesco Posted - 02/10/2015 : 20:13:39
I have this paper, but subsequent authors (e.g. Chemsak & Hovore) kept describing numerous species as Acanthoderes.
Thus, the combinations with Psapharochrus have been never published.

Actually, the validity of that nomenclaturial act is doubtful.
The author compared only both "assumed" type species, but other authors disagree on this identification.

Moreover, he completely ignored the variability inside the genus. In fact, the present species looks more similar to Acanthoders daviesi than to Psapharochrus cylindricus regarding the elytral shape.

Finally, Aegomorphus seems to be a synonym of Psapharochrus.
Notably, the elytral apex of this genus is rounded in nearly all American species but obliquely truncated in the European ones (analogously to Psapharochrus).

In conclusion, a taxonomic paper that introduced more confusion than clarity.
jplami Posted - 02/10/2015 : 19:36:26
About genus Psapharochus, see explication and restoration (implicit act) given pages 328 and 329 in G. Sama, Lambillionea, 1994, XCIV, 3: 321-334.
Note sulla nomenclatura dei Cerambycidae della regione mediterranea. II. Revisione di alcuni tipi di Kraatz, v. Heyden e Stierlin.
Francesco Posted - 02/10/2015 : 15:49:55
Well: we all agree.
Concerning Psapharochrus, do you know if (and where) anybody has validly restored this taxon as genus?
I still find several species that nobody combined them as Psapharochrus.
jplami Posted - 02/10/2015 : 07:14:58
Sure, Francesco. It's Psapharochrus circumflexus (Jacquelin du Val, 1857).
This species is widely present in neotropical region (Mexico to Columbia, Antilles).
It's an introduction or wrong label.
Xaurus Posted - 01/10/2015 : 22:41:57
That was my assumption a wrong label, I've never seen an Acanthoderini in Vietnam.
Francesco Posted - 01/10/2015 : 20:44:43
It is a female of Acanthoderes circumflexa Jacquelin du Val, 1857 or a closely related species cf. here.
Confusion of labels?

Cerambycoidea Forum © 2000-08 Snitz Communications Go To Top Of Page