Cerambycoidea Forum
Cerambycoidea Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Cerambycidae Lamiinae
 Homonoeini
 Philippines, Homonoea

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Insert an Image File

T O P I C    R E V I E W
BillTyson Posted - 10/10/2015 : 00:08:52

33.3 KB

Samar, Marabut, July 21mm.
A Homonoea but thinner than others.
2   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
BillTyson Posted - 10/10/2015 : 07:44:46
This one is not the red-brown of patrona. Yes, most of my photo's are being taken under tube lighting but not incandescent bulbs. Some have this greenish hue, others do not. I use photoshop to try and remove as much of it as I can. Samar is producing a lot of different things and I think this one is different. The lateral white marking at the basal and apical third of the elytra are something I have not seen so far.
dryobius Posted - 10/10/2015 : 03:51:50
Bill, are you taking photographs under an incandescent light bulb or something which emits a similar type of light? The color of this specimen is difficult to see and compare, and since the background is yellow .. not white, I ask this question. There's not a lot that we amateurs can do about lighting and focus, but I purchased one of those curly-cue light bulbs which emits the same type of light as the sun and from then on, my photos (taken with an digital camera) have became much, much better.

Homonoea patrona has markings which can be a little variable, and it's an extremely common species. I don't know if your beetle is the right color though.

Cerambycoidea Forum © 2000-08 Snitz Communications Go To Top Of Page