Cerambycoidea Forum
Cerambycoidea Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Cerambycidae Lamiinae
 Homonoeini
 Borneo: Notomulciber (Microm.) fuscomarginatus

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Insert an Image File

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Bennyboymothman Posted - 12/11/2015 : 08:58:52

240.82 KB

Hi all.
This reminds me of Pterolophia mucronata but doesn't fit the description 100%

Data: 13-05-07 - Trus Madi Mts - 1200m - Tambunan reg - Sabah - NE Borneo

Thanks
Ben
7   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Xavier Posted - 15/11/2015 : 17:45:15
So, to complete, the full name is Notomulciber (Micromulciber) fuscomarginatus (Aurivillius, 1914)
Bennyboymothman Posted - 15/11/2015 : 15:41:09
Perfect, I would agree on that identification. Thank you ever so much and i've just realised my mistake with the African species!
dryobius Posted - 15/11/2015 : 14:52:49
The photograph I am posting is labeled as the holotype of Micromulciber fuscomarginatus Aur. 1914

I also had a photo from the BMNH which also had the name: "Micromulciber fuscomarginatus HT BMNH" but I now believe that is impossible to be correct.

From what I see now, I made a mistake because I had two different photos of species that are both called "fuscomarginatus"

So, it does look like this species is Notomulciber fuscomarginatus (Aurivillius, 1914). (Holotype in Stockholm). Xavier... thank you for questioning me. It was good that you can use Breuning's keys!

Xavier Posted - 15/11/2015 : 09:36:00
With BREUNING, 1950. Revision des Homonoeini, I arrived to Notomulciber (Micromulciber) fuscomarginatus (Aurivillius, 1914), but If you have seen the holotype...
dryobius Posted - 15/11/2015 : 00:43:57
Quite possibly it is Notomulciber.

The following are recorded from Borneo:
albosetosus (Heller, 1923)
biguttatus (Pascoe, 1867)
flavolineatus Breuning, 1947
fuscomarginatus (Aurivillius, 1914)
quadrimaculatus Breuning & de Jong, 1941
variegatus (Aurivillius, 1914)

It is none of the following: albosetosus, biguttatus, flavolineatus, variegatus or fuscomarginatus. I have looked at photos of the types.

It is closest to variegatus, but I don't think they are the same species unless there is a lot of variability within the species. N. variegatus has an oblique white line near the bottom third of the elytra beginning at the suture and directed to the outer margin of the elytra. The pronotum of this species and variegatus are very similar.

I don't know if I have seen this species before, but I loaned one specimen to a colleague that is also in this genus (or close)

Also, please note that I have not studied any species of Homonoeini from outside of Borneo. There are numerous Sumatran and West Malaysian Cerambycidae that are probably not recorded from Borneo. Perhaps it is undescribed, too.
jplami Posted - 14/11/2015 : 18:12:16
I think to Notomulciber sp.
Xavier Posted - 12/11/2015 : 18:47:30
Pterolophia mucronata is an African species...

Cerambycoidea Forum © 2000-08 Snitz Communications Go To Top Of Page