Cerambycoidea Forum
Cerambycoidea Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Cerambycidae Lamiinae
 Desmiphorini
 South Africa: Nonyma

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Insert an Image File

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Riana Posted - 03/07/2022 : 09:03:00

329.43 KB
Kwa-Zulu Natal: Tongaat
Length: 10 mm
2   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Jérôme Sudre Posted - 03/07/2022 : 15:29:26
Hello

Your specimen is perhaps Nonyma variegata in any case it looks like it ! But I do not know this species!
Indeed some Nonyma look very much like the genus Niphoparmena, so as I think that you have representatives of both genera, look at the differentiating characters, that is to say mainly in the case of the genus Niphoparmena the intermediary cotyloid cavities are open.... .I want to specify that I could see Niphoparmena or at least specimens which are attached to this genus with closed intermediate acetabular cavities .... As for Nonyma they have their intermediate acetabular cavities closed...but not always.....this is where it becomes difficult! On the other hand a character which is reliable (in any case in my eyes) it is that the elytral punctuation in all the species (Those which I have in any case! : 7 sp) is perfectly aligned what is not the case or at least that is less present in Niphoparmena but that remains nevertheless also visible!
Besides Nonyma (I think ?) that some species would be in my opinion Niphoparmena but I would have to see the types to be sure ! You are not very advanced with these explanations ....
I saw that Breuning compared it to N acutipennis which is a synonym of N glabrifrons (of which I have a picture of the type and of which I had taken notes) and so I do not see any resemblance between glabrifrons and variegata...
Riana Posted - 03/07/2022 : 09:09:09
Nonyma variegata (Breuning 1940) ??

Cerambycoidea Forum © 2000-08 Snitz Communications Go To Top Of Page