Posted - 15/09/2013 :  06:11:56  Show Profile  Email Poster  Reply with Quote

424.69 KB

This is a very common species.

dryobius
Member Rosenbergia

USA
1885 Posts

Posted - 25/01/2015 :  17:57:39  Show Profile  Email Poster  Reply with Quote
I have just posted a photo of the holotype of Polyphida clytoides Pascoe, 1869. It's not a good picture, but you can see the pattern on the elytra.

Here is another photo of a specimen in my collection which I believe is P. clytoides.

I don't have a picture of P. argenteofasciata Aurivillius, but I have specimens from Sabah which could be that species.

454.8 KB

The specimen from Sabah, and the holotype of P. clytoides seem to be a good match to the specimen from Singapore, but would like other opinions, especially from Loongfah.
Go to Top of Page

loongfah
Member Purpuricenus

Singapore
374 Posts

Posted - 02/12/2015 :  01:23:49  Show Profile  Email Poster  Reply with Quote
Petr Viktora has just published a paper describing two new Polyphida species. There are some type pictures in this paper (but no P. argenteofasciata).

According to Petr, my specimen above is not a P.clytoides as its elytral apex does not have a sharp pointing angular spine.

According to the Sarawak Cerambycinae website (used to be at http://www.arbec.com.my/cerambycinae but seems to have moved):

Elytral apex with a sharp pointing angular spine; gena long; clypeus divided from frons by a A-shaped sulcus; antennal segment 3 twice as long as 4; frons with a median groove; antennae entirely blackish fuscous. - clytoides PASCOE, 1869

Elytra obscurely angulate at angle; gena very short; clypeus and frons not indistinctively separated; antennal segment 3 elongated, 3 X as long as 4; median groove on frons obscure; antennae fuscous, segment 7 & 8 testaceous (yellowish-brown). -argenteofasciata AURIVILLIUS, 1910

So it remains possible that the specimen above is a P.argenteofasciata.
Go to Top of Page

horshehden
Member Purpuricenus

Czech Republic
424 Posts

Posted - 02/12/2015 :  06:43:08  Show Profile  Email Poster  Reply with Quote
Specimen uploaded by Dan looks like P. clytoides.
I do not know the type of P. argenteofasciata, since it is on loan for many years (probably in Holzschuh's home).
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Send Topic to a Friend
 Printer Friendly
| More
Jump To:
Cerambycoidea Forum © 2000-08 Snitz Communications Go To Top Of Page