Cerambycoidea Forum
Cerambycoidea Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Cerambycidae Cerambycinae
 Callichromatini
 China: Aphrodisium thibetanum?

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Insert an Image File

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Vitali Posted - 12/01/2014 : 16:59:17

393.68 KB

Regarding the sculpture of the pronotum and the apex of the scape, I suggest this beetle as a candidate for Aphrodisium (s. str.) gibbicolle var. rubrofemoralis.

In such case, the beetle discussed here is a different species, which does not belong to Aphrodisium but is probably Schwarzerium provostii (Fairmaire, 1887), as suggested by Xavier.

A beetle with red femora was described by Gressitt as Aphrodisium (s. str.) rufofemoratus Gressitt & Rondon 1970. The description corresponds to my beetle except for some features of the pronotum.
If A. rufofemoratus was synonymized to Aphrodisium (s. str.) gibbicolle var. rubrofemoralis, could anyone explain me please how the name rufofemoratus could transfer to rubrofemoralis. To me this looks like a complete mess. Besides, Pic should be the author of Chelidonium gibbicolle var. rubrofemoralis Pic, 1932.
9   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Andre Posted - 09/02/2019 : 18:44:47
Im Moment halte ich diese Art für Aphrodisium thibetanum Pic, 1925.
Vitali Posted - 09/02/2019 : 14:57:18
Yes, pronotum is very different.
Joan Posted - 09/02/2019 : 13:46:46
Il n'est pas, évidemment, Sch. provosti.
Francesco Posted - 07/02/2019 : 18:59:59
According to Bentanachs & Jiroux (2019), Chelidonium gibbicolle var. rubrofemoralis Pic, 1932 = Schwarzerium provostii (Fairmaire, 1887)
Xavier Posted - 30/05/2014 : 23:35:51
I have got this ssp. from Laos, but what is its correct name ? Aphrodisium gibbicolle rubrofemoralis (Pic, 1932) ?
Xavier Posted - 12/01/2014 : 19:28:44
It's done. I send you this picture.
Vitali Posted - 12/01/2014 : 18:43:57
Thank you, Xavier. If possible, please send the photo of A. rufofemoratum to my private mail. Yes, I also suspected that my beetle is not this species because the description of pronotum was somewhat different. Besides, my beetle is 36 mm, while the size of A. rufofemoratum was given 23-30 mm.

By the way, Gressitt mentions paratypes of A. rufofemoratum with black hind femora.

Finally, I forgot to mention that my beetle comes from China. Let us regard it Aphrodisium (s. str.) gibbicolle.
If you, Francesco, agree, would you please change the title of the topic?
Xavier Posted - 12/01/2014 : 18:23:04
By the way, I have a color picture of the type of Aphrodisium rufofemoratum Gressitt & Rondon, 1970 and it's not your species : the pronotum is totally different and hind femora are largely red.
Xavier Posted - 12/01/2014 : 18:02:03
I agree with Aphrodisium gibbicole, because of the darker bands of elytra and the pronotal scupture. I have a specimen from Laos with partly red profemora, so it goes in your way -> var. rubrofemoralis a true one ?
For Titan database, Aphrodisium rufofemoratum Gressitt & Rondon, 1970 still exist and it's not a synonyme of the previous species...

I never thought my specimen was an Aphrodisium, your opinion confirms mine ... Thanks

Cerambycoidea Forum © 2000-08 Snitz Communications Go To Top Of Page