Printer Friendly
| More
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Les
Member Purpuricenus

Thailand
106 Posts

Posted - 30/10/2010 :  08:16:54  Show Profile  Email Poster  Reply with Quote

I recovered this small (c. 12 mm) species from my swimmingpool in Koh Samui today.
The closest I can find is Demonax albidofasciatus or D. elongates, but I am not sure.

Edited by - Gerard on 30/01/2016 16:18:33

Francesco
Forum Admin

Luxembourg
9420 Posts

Posted - 30/10/2010 :  10:28:06  Show Profile  Email Poster  Visit Francesco's Homepage  Reply with Quote

Clytini are difficult since the species imitate one another; hence, it is necessary to observe characters different from their pattern.
Demonax is well characterised by its spined antennae. Your specimen does not have spined like that but a compressed first joint of hind tarsi. So, it belong to the genus Perissus Chevrolat.
I have some specimens of this species from Malacca and Laos, which I have identified as Perissus laetus Lameere, 1893.
The species is widespread from Assam to Laos. Gahan (1906: p. 255) quoted it from Siam as well.
Go to Top of Page

Les
Member Purpuricenus

Thailand
106 Posts

Posted - 30/10/2010 :  11:05:44  Show Profile  Email Poster  Reply with Quote
Thank you so much for your very quick response. The only Perissus species pictured in Beetles Of Thailand is P. mimicus, which I could see was different.
I note you do not have a picture of this species. Please feel free to use it, if you want, and any other species I may photo and post here in the future. Specimen details: Photo Les Day, Koh Samui, Thailand, 30 October 2010.
Go to Top of Page

Francesco
Forum Admin

Luxembourg
9420 Posts

Posted - 30/10/2010 :  11:33:47  Show Profile  Email Poster  Visit Francesco's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Thank you very much for your kind offer!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Send Topic to a Friend
 Printer Friendly
| More
Jump To:
Cerambycoidea Forum © 2000-08 Snitz Communications Go To Top Of Page