| More
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Vitali
Member Rosalia

Estonia
991 Posts

Posted - 17/02/2013 :  17:41:11  Show Profile  Email Poster  Reply with Quote

129.49 KB

According to Lamiriaires du Monde, there is only one genus of Acanthocinini in Uganda: Jordanoleiopus with two species - J.albosuturalis and J.orientalis. I don't know them.

The first species in the photo below is 5.8 mm long, other specimens of the series 4-5.5 mm.

Edited by - Xavier on 01/09/2020 07:23:01

Vitali
Member Rosalia

Estonia
991 Posts

Posted - 18/02/2013 :  10:48:09  Show Profile  Email Poster  Reply with Quote
After a brief research it seems that neither of the two specimens is Jordanoleiopus, but some other Acanthocinini yet not recorded from Uganda.
Go to Top of Page

Vitali
Member Rosalia

Estonia
991 Posts

Posted - 29/12/2014 :  12:59:21  Show Profile  Email Poster  Reply with Quote

461.02 KB

A bit better photo taken with a microscope.

With Breuning (1958), it comes out as Jordanoleiopus (Polymitoleiopus) antennalis (Jordan, 1894).

According to the Titan database the holotype is in Paris. Could you, Xavier, please add this and a few further Jordanoleiopus to your schedule in Paris next time?
Go to Top of Page

Jérôme Sudre
Member Rosenbergia

France
1771 Posts

Posted - 29/12/2014 :  15:35:32  Show Profile  Email Poster  Reply with Quote
Oui J (Polymistoleiopus) antennalis Jordan me semble bon mais il ressemble aussi beaucoup à monoxenus (qui lui est très variable).

Il est aussi proche de alboreductus Breuning toutefois ce dernier est de dimension plus grande !

Il est très intéressant de constater que les Jordanoleiopus ne présentent quasiment aucune différences avec le genre Urgleptes (américain) au même titre d'ailleurs que les Berningerus (Acanthoderini) avec certains Psapharochrus ou Acanthoderes néotropicaux .....A suivre ......A l'étude ....
Go to Top of Page

Xavier
Scientific Collaborator

France
12095 Posts

Posted - 29/12/2014 :  18:28:26  Show Profile  Email Poster  Reply with Quote
quote:

With Breuning (1958), it comes out as Jordanoleiopus (Polymitoleiopus) antennalis (Jordan, 1894).

According to the Titan database the holotype is in Paris. Could you, Xavier, please add this and a few further Jordanoleiopus to your schedule in Paris next time?

I can't promise, but I will try. When ? , I don't know...
Go to Top of Page

Jérôme Sudre
Member Rosenbergia

France
1771 Posts

Posted - 29/08/2020 :  16:32:18  Show Profile  Email Poster  Reply with Quote
Bonjour
concernant ce Jordanoleiopus regardez plutôt à conradti ? Les différences entre conradti et antennalis sont plutôt subjectives cependant étant donné que la bande transversale post-médiane est large (contrairement à antennalis) il est possible que ce soit lui ? Regardez surtout les lobes oculaires inférieurs . Mais entre conradti et antennalis franchement c'est des caractères largement discutable et à mon avis (?) il s'agit de la même chose qu'antennalis ! Je n'ai jamais vu le type de conradti il me faudrait le demander par contre j'ai la photo du type de antennalis .
Go to Top of Page

jplami
Member Rosalia

France
656 Posts

Posted - 31/08/2020 :  23:17:05  Show Profile  Email Poster  Visit jplami's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Je ne crois pas que ce soit J antennalis.
Il me semble que c'est J monoxenus ou bien J conradti (mais je n'ai pas vu non plus le type de ce dernier taxon).

Lamiaires du MondeLamiines of the WorldCerambycidae Lamiinae
Go to Top of Page

Jérôme Sudre
Member Rosenbergia

France
1771 Posts

Posted - 01/09/2020 :  20:43:15  Show Profile  Email Poster  Reply with Quote
Non c'est sûr ce n'est pas antennalis ! Lorsqu'il s'agit de photos de bêtes c'est toujours (en tous cas pour moi difficile à appréhender). Le fait qu'elles ne soient pas matérialisées sous vos yeux c'est peu évident à être ferme sur la détermination et lorsqu'il s'agit de groupe comme celui des Jordanoleiopus, Eunidia, Sophronica et même Pterolophia et parfois des groupes dit "plus simple" c'est souvent difficile raison pour laquelle très souvent j'écris "vérifiez de votre côté" car je n'en suis jamais certain. Oui il est probable que ce soit monoxenus, de plus Je vais redemander le type à Berlin et demander les types à J Bergsten de J conradti à Stockholm !
Donc à suivre.... et au moins on sera fixé !

Edited by - Jérôme Sudre on 02/09/2020 07:11:27
Go to Top of Page

Jérôme Sudre
Member Rosenbergia

France
1771 Posts

Posted - 02/09/2020 :  19:01:09  Show Profile  Email Poster  Reply with Quote
Voila les types sont demandés à Berlin , Stockholm et Tervuren (7 au total) il n'y a plus qu'à attendre , et il me tarde de voir la bouille de conradti. Pour la photo ci joint c'est ou monoxenus (il y a de fortes chances, ou conradti il y a peu de chance ). A suivre...
Go to Top of Page

Vitali
Member Rosalia

Estonia
991 Posts

Posted - 02/09/2020 :  22:47:15  Show Profile  Email Poster  Reply with Quote
There is no much quality in the photo below, but I wanted to show a variation of the colour pattern in these Jordanoleiopus specimens.
The beetles in the two upper rows show light pattern interrupted in suture. I regarded these J. conradti.
The beetles in the third row have light bands widely merged in suture. I suspected these to be J. antennalis.
It seems now, I was wrong in both cases

421.08 KB

Edited by - Vitali on 02/09/2020 22:49:15
Go to Top of Page

jplami
Member Rosalia

France
656 Posts

Posted - 03/09/2020 :  06:21:00  Show Profile  Email Poster  Visit jplami's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Yes, most likely the same species, do these items come from the same place?

Lamiaires du MondeLamiines of the WorldCerambycidae Lamiinae
Go to Top of Page

Vitali
Member Rosalia

Estonia
991 Posts

Posted - 03/09/2020 :  11:55:41  Show Profile  Email Poster  Reply with Quote
Yes, various spots in Kibale National Park, Uganda. But the same locality does not necessarily mean that this is the same species. I have (probably) 2 or 3 more species of Jordanoleiopus from the same reserve. In particular, this species is also from that locality. I'll try to place two more species at this Forum later.

Edited by - Vitali on 03/09/2020 13:35:24
Go to Top of Page

Jérôme Sudre
Member Rosenbergia

France
1771 Posts

Posted - 03/09/2020 :  18:50:16  Show Profile  Email Poster  Reply with Quote
Hello Vitali

I will send you on your personal email address if you agree with the photos of the types of monoxenus and antennalis and I asked Stockholm for the type of conradti, J Bergsten told me that it was ok so I filled in the form and as soon as I receive the photo I send it to you also you will be able to compare in this way ? What do you think about it ?

Jérôme
Go to Top of Page

Vitali
Member Rosalia

Estonia
991 Posts

Posted - 03/09/2020 :  19:09:15  Show Profile  Email Poster  Reply with Quote
I would be happy! Thank you!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Send Topic to a Friend